- Colin Kaepernick Bio: A Player With A Message That Transcends Sport - August 15, 2021
- Tyler Hansbrough Bio: Breaking Down The Life of Psycho T - July 29, 2021
- Drew Brees Bio: A New Orleans Saints Hero - July 26, 2021
Jeffrey Jordan is mostly known for being the son of a legend — the Greatest of All Time, Michael Jordan. But he wanted to make a name for himself, so he became an NCAA basketball player, and a successful businessman.
Jeffrey Jordan Quick Facts
- Full Name: Jeffrey Michael Jordan
- Birth Date: November 18, 1988
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois
- Nickname: Jeff, bones, lil’ jay
- Nationality: American
- Siblings: 4 – 1 brother, 3 sisters
- Children: None.
- Spouse: Radina Aneva Jordan
- Profession: Basketball player/businessman
- Salary: ≈ 200K-250K
- Net worth: ≈ 1M
- Social media: @heirjordan13 (Instagram and Twitter)
- Awards: None
- Last Updated: 06/13/2021
Jeffrey Jordan’s Birthplace and Early life
Jeffrey Jordan was born in one of the most famous households in the world. The now 32-year-old comes from Highland Park, Chicago, Illinois, and is son to the basketball legend, Michael Jordan and ex-wife Juanita Vanoy.
According to an interview Jeffrey held with the Chicago Tribune, he had a very normal life when it came to sharing a home with his parents and siblings. Nonetheless, everything was different when they stepped out of their home and dealt with social aspects. Jeffrey also mentioned he was fortunate to have a court to practice basketball at home. His legend of a father was more than busy with his endeavors, so he was not able to coach him and his brother to improve their game.
Jeffrey went to the Loyola Academy in Wilmette, Illinois. He kept working on his basketball skills as a point guard, which was the best position to pursue given his 6’1” height. Jordan secured a spot in his high school team and was a starter for 3 years. He also attended the All-Catholic League, the high school athletic conference in Chicago, twice.
Jeffrey Jordan’s Professional Career
Even though Michael’s firstborn had a respectable background in the sport, he never became a professional basketball player. He did start getting involved in the basketball world on a higher level when he attended the University of Illinois. While he had scholarship offers from several universities, he chose to listen to his father’s advice.
He went to the University of Illinois as a walk-on for 3 seasons (2007-2010). He played a total of 92 games and studied psychology. In 2009, he took a break from basketball. He mostly focused on his studies and worked as an intern at Nike in 2009. In 2010, he transferred to the University of Central Florida. Jeffrey played in 13 games of the 2011-2012 season, which ended up being his last.
Jeffrey’s path as an NCAA basketball player didn’t bring out great personal stats, but the team managed to overcome a few rough patches in his presence. He still left with great memories, especially from this last endeavor, because he got to play alongside his brother Marcus.
Jeffrey Jordan’s Plays
Jeffrey Jordan captured while playing his first game for the University of Illinois
Some of Jordan’s moves as he speaks about the Documentary Series The Last Dance
Jeffrey Jordan’s retirement
Moved by his interest in the entrepreneurial world, which was sparked during his 2009 internship at Nike, Jeffrey abandoned the official basketball courts. According to the interview he held with Forbes, in 2013 he started to work in Nike’s program called Running Start. Even though this position allowed him to explore different areas of the company — digital marketing, sports marketing, energy products, and performance basketball apparel — he worked in the Jordan Brand category the most.
Jeffrey Jordan is leading the brand digital innovation for Jordan. “I conceptualize and test new technologies, trends, and platforms to enhance the marketing power and the cohesiveness of our marketing campaigns,” Jordan told Forbes in his 2020 interview.
In wanting to accomplish more within the entrepreneurial world, in 2020, Jeffrey established the Jordan Avakian Group. The purpose of Jordan’s new company is to guide entrepreneurs when creating disruptive companies. The Jordan Avakian Group offers advice, partners with innovative companies, and uses the power of social influence to do so.
Jeffrey Jordan’s family: Spouse and kids
Jordan and her now-wife Radina Aneva got engaged in November 2017 and finally married in May 2019. The couple is still enjoying all the time together, and they haven’t had any children yet.
Jeffrey Jordan’s net worth and career earnings
Jeffrey’s yearly income is a mystery for now. According to several job-hunting web pages, ahead of brand digital innovation at Nike could make around USD200,000.00 -USD250,000.00 a year. His net worth is not entirely known either, but it’s said to be about USD1,000,000.00.
Other facts on Jeffrey Jordan
- The Jordans are a very competitive family. Juanita, Jeffrey’s mother, had to make sure the rest didn’t play one-on-one because of the damage they could provoke on each other.
- His nickname “bones” was given by his family because he grew up being very skinny.
- While playing at Illinois and Central Florida, he wore shirt #13 to honor his mother’s birthday. Juanita Vanoy also happened to play basketball while she was in high school.
- Jordan was part of the Documentary Series Last Dance, which revolves around Michael Jordan’s final and successful season with the Chicago Bulls.
Frequently asked questions
Question: Where is Jeffrey Jordan now?
Answer: Jeffrey Jordan is currently working as head of the brand digital innovation for Jordan, at Nike. In 2020, Jordan also established the Jordan Avakian Group with the purpose of guiding entrepreneurs when creating disruptive companies.
Question: Did Michael Jordan’s sons play basketball?
Answer: Both Jeffrey and Marcus played basketball in their universities, but never went pro.
Question: Are any of Michael Jordan’s sons in the NBA?
Question: Is Jeffrey Jordan married?
Answer: Jeffrey Jordan is married to Radina Aneva Jordan, a Financial Analyst at Disney. They tied the knot in May 2019.
- Chicago Tribune
- @heirjordan13 • Instagram
- NIKE Director Of Digital Innovation Salaries | Glassdoor
- Nike inc Salary (h1bdata.info)
- Jeffrey Jordan Salary, Net worth, and Earnings; Jeffrey’s Wife, Family, Children, Married Life, Age, Height (playerswiki.com)
- Jeffrey Jordan – Net Worth 2020, Salary, Age, Height, Weight, Bio, Family, Career, Wiki (popularnetworth.com)
- Jeffrey Jordan Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth, Family (celebsagewiki.com)
- Illinois Web Archive
- Jeffrey Jordan Net Worth (idolnetworth.com)
- About — Jordan Avakian Group
- Jeff Jordan Stats, News, Bio | ESPN
- Jeffrey M. Jordan Discusses Legacy, Sneakers And New Business Ventures (forbes.com)
- TROPHY ROOM STORE
- Who Are Michael Jordan’s Kids? | Michael Jordan Children
- Who Is Jeffrey Jordan, Michael Jordan’s Oldest Son?